MAJA Flake Ice Technology: well-proven since more than 60 years!
MAJA Flake Ice offers a lot of advantages.
Efficient refrigeration – ice temperature approx. -7°C
• Quick product cooling
• Slow melting – long freshness
Dry-frozen flake ice
• Dry surface, virtually no water from melting
• Easy storage, easy handling
• Attractive appearance
Light weight (density 0,42 kg/dm³)
• Up to 30 % lighter than other types of ice, thus less ice requirements for display filling and reduced costs for transportation.
Thin ice flakes (1 – 2 mm)
• Very good product covering
• Big surface, thus good heat exchange
• Little mechanical resistance, thus good mixing behaviour, no damage to the product and to the tools, such as mincer blades, dough hooks…
Reduced production costs
• High efficiency
• 100 % of the water becomes ice, therefore no waste of water.
High reliability – low maintenance
• Reduced operating and maintenance costs
• No additional efforts for water treatment, such as softening, filtration…
Ice temperature approx. -7°C
Ice flake thickness: approx. 1 – 2 mm
Density / specific weight: 0,42 kg / dm³
MAJA Flake Ice for versatile use
MAJA Flake Ice is in daily use all over the world for the economic refrigeration of various foodstuff, not only in the production process, but also for the attractive presentation for sale. Learn more about the most common application fields of MAJA Flake Ice.
Equipment & features
Production of boiled sausage products, for cooling down the emulsion during the mincer process.
Refrigeration of brine for ham production
Refrigeration of carcasses and slaughter byproducts, e.g. in poultry processing, skins and offal processing etc.
Dough production for baking and pastry products.
Refrigeration of the dough during kneading process for optimum processing conditions and better products
For the continuous refrigeration of fish
Directly after the catch onboard the fishing vessel
During storage and transport
In the sales channels
For the continuous refrigeration of fish – directly after the catch onboard the fishing vessel, during storage and transport, until the sales channels.
Refrigeration of foodstuff and drinks, eye-catcher for the appetising presentation of different food
For catering, hotels, restaurants, roadhouses, petrol stations, events…
Cryotherapy in human and veterinary medicine
For hospitals, rehab clinics, animal clinics, laboratories…
For freshly harvested vegetables, during transport and storage and also in sales
Production of MAJA Flake Ice
A deep-frozen metal cylinder, rotating in a water reservoir, guarantees constant ice quality. With each rotation, water freezes on the evaporation drum and then flakes off, leaving the machine as dry-frozen ice.
This system of ice production was developed by MAJA and has proven its reliability for six decades. It is simple, cost-saving and does not require special maintenance.
Developed and brought to perfection by MAJA!